Using a power of attorney
You can use a power of attorney to authorise another adult to manage your affairs over the phone and when sending applications and providing additional information for an application. Send us the power of attorney in which you authorise another person to manage your affairs. Please note that you cannot authorise another person to manage your affairs over the phone. You need to send us a written power of attorney.
The power of attorney should clearly state the following:
- person issuing the power of attorney (name and personal identity code)
- authorised agent (name of agent)
- if the power of attorney is issued to a social worker, for example, also include the person’s organisation
- scope of the power of attorney, such as
- all matters related to unemployment security with Super Unemployment Fund
- matters related to a specific application
- matters related to a specific appeal or recovery of allowance
- period of validity (fixed term or indefinitely)
- date and signature of the person issuing the power of attorney. You can also send us the power of attorney by messaging us in Nettikassa. In this case, no signature is needed.