Mobility allowance compensates your commuting costs and the costs of training related to your employment relationship. The condition is that you are unemployed and accept work that is located far from your current address. You can receive a mobility allowance even before you start the actual work if you participate in training that is related to an employment relationship lasting at least two months.
Note! You need to be entitled to earnings-related allowance before the work or training begins.
- you need to be entitled to earnings-related allowance before the work or training begins.
- your commute is at least 3 hours in full-time work or at least 2 hours in part-time work. The commute times are the same for training related to the work.
- the employment relationship lasts at least two months
The commute time for work or training is the duration of the round trip. The travel time includes transfers and possible wait times. If you have a car, the travel time is calculated based on the driving time. You may be entitled to mobility allowance even if you move addresses closer to your place of work after accepting the work, provided that you meet the other conditions.
You can apply for mobility allowance for only one employment relationship or training at a time. You cannot apply for mobility allowance for two part-time jobs at the same time. The length of your mobility allowance is determined based on information available at the start of your work or training. The length of your mobility allowance cannot be extended even if the work or training continues for longer than agreed. If the work or training ends earlier than agreed, payment of the mobility allowance will also end at the latest when the work or training ends. If the employment relationship has lasted for less than two months, you will usually be required to pay back any mobility allowance you have received.
Mobility allowance is not paid in the following situations:
- you are laid off temporarily or your work is suspended for a reason comparable to a temporary lay-off
- you are absent from work for a self-caused reason or on unpaid leave
- you receive a social security benefit that prevents the payment of earnings-related allowance, such as sickness allowance, severance pay, etc.
The time for which you can receive mobility allowance depends on the length of the employment relationship.
|Duration of mobility allowance|
when the employment relationship lasts at least 2 months
when the employment relationship lasts at least 3 months
|60 days||when the employment relationship lasts at least 4 months|
Mobility allowance is paid for up to five days per calendar week.
Your work starts on 1 March 2021 and the length of your allowance period is 30 days. We pay you mobility allowance from 1 March 2021 to 30 March 2021. There are 22 eligible days during this period (Monday to Friday) for a total of 22 days of mobility allowance.
If you work part-time, mobility allowance is paid for the days when you have actually been working. Otherwise, the conditions are the same.
Mobility allowance is 34,50 euros per day (in 2022). Mobility allowance also includes an increase for dependent children. The increase is 5.41 euros for one child (in 2022), 7.95 euros for two children and 10,25 uros for three or more children. If your place of work or training is further than 200 kilometres away, the mobility allowance is increased by 4,91(in 2022) euros per day. In part-time work, mobility allowance is paid for the days you work, but no more than five days in a week.
Apply for mobility allowance in writing in Nettikassa. Your application for mobility allowance needs to arrive at the fund within three months of the start of the employment relationship or training related to the employment. The mobility allowance can only be paid if you were registered as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Office before starting the work or training. Please note that you also need to be entitled to earnings-related allowance before the start of the employment relationship or training.
Documents needed for the application:
- your employment contract or other account of the key terms of employment
- an account of the training if you are applying for mobility allowance for work-related training
- if you are not receiving earnings-related allowance before the start of the employment relationship or training. Apply for earnings-related allowance for the days you have been unemployed before applying for the mobility allowance. You can submit the application in Nettikassa.
Mobility allowance is paid retroactively in periods of four weeks or one month.
If you are applying for the mobility allowance for part-time work, send us the application for mobility allowance and the application for earnings-related allowance listing the days you have worked.
You can send all applications and other documents to the fund in Nettikassa. Nettikassa is the fastest and most secure way to send your applications and documents to the fund. If you cannot access Nettikassa, use the forms below and mail them to Super Unemployment Fund.
We do not accept documents or applications sent by email.
Send the documents and applications in Nettikassa:
pdf-document, 190.13 kB