move to content

Adjusted earnings-related allowance

Are you a part-time or occasional employee? Any income you earn while unemployed affects the amount of earnings-related allowance you can receive. If you meet all the conditions, you can receive earnings-related allowance as an adjusted allowance. 

You may be entitled to an adjusted allowance if you work part-time or gig work. Your hours may be up to 80% of the hours in full-time work.   You need to fulfil the membership and employment requirements and be registered as an unemployed jobseeker with the TE Office. Any income you earn affect the amount of earnings-related allowance.

You need to pay your membership dues from your earnings from part-time and gig work! Be sure to pay your membership dues. Contact your union if necessary.