Applying for earnings-related daily allowance
PLEASE NOTE! The more carefully you have completed the application, the less additional information we will need to ask and the sooner the fund can process your application. This is particularly important during the summer, when the number of applications we receive increases due to lay-offs and suspensions of work.
If you become unemployed, are laid off temporarily, work part-time or your employment contract agrees on suspending work for the holidays, do as follows:
- Register with the TE Office as unemployed and seeking full-time work on your first day of unemployment at the latest. You cannot register as a jobseeker retroactively.
- Submit your first application for earnings-related allowance in Nettikassa. The application can be sent at the earliest after two full calendar weeks (Monday to Sunday) if you are entirely without work and are not paid wages for part-time or gig work during the application period. The final day in the application must be a Sunday or the last day of the month. If you are receive pay for part-time or gig work during the application period, submit the application for the full four calendar weeks (Monday to Sunday) or calendar month.
- Include the required attachments in your application to the unemployment fund.
- When applying for the allowance, you also need to inform the fund if you are applying for any other social security benefits even if you have not yet received a decision on your application.
- You can check Nettikassa to see when the fund has received your application. You will also see when processing of your application begins. Applications cannot be rushed but are processed in the order they arrive. After your application is taken up for processing, the case manager will ask you for any missing documents. See our website for processing times.
- After your first application has been processed, apply for the daily allowance in periods of either four full calendar weeks (Monday to Sunday) or one calendar month.
Please note that the application must be submitted to the fund no later than three months from the start of the period for which you are applying the allowance.